8 Styles Perfect for Transitioning Your Winter Wardrobe into Spring
I don't know about you, but every year I struggle putting outfits together during the transition period between winter and spring. I love dressing for both seasons but suddenly when faced with cold yet sunny days, I find myself stuck between my winter neutrals and my yearning for all things floral and pastel colored.
As the very beginning of spring fashion hits stores, I find myself looking to buy pieces that can be worn in either season. Today I'm rounding up 8 styles that I'm using to transition my winter wardrobe into spring. I'd love to know what styles you're loving most for early spring or any questions you have about transitioning your wardrobe between seasons!
1. Midi Skirts- I love a midi skirt for year round style but I really love them this time of year! A midi skirt gives you so many great options and can easy be worn on the coldest of days as well as on warmer ones. Right now I'm styling my midi skirts with a chunky sweater and over the knee boots for cooler temperatures and them with a short sleeve, lightweight sweater and flats for spring! Midi skirts are also the perfect feminine touch to any look and a great way to start to incorporate color back into your wardrobe as the seasons transition.
2. Short Sleeve Sweaters- Another style that a wear year round, I have several short sleeve sweaters and find myself heavily rotating them this time of year! In my opinion they give even the most casual outfit a polished look and with the puff sleeve being so popular this year, they've become a great way to add just a little extra flare to a look. Pair with your favorite jeans and go-to sneakers for an easy weekend look or tuck into a great midi skirt for something with a little extra oomf. I've also seen them layered under a cardigan for easily removable layers as the day warms up...the options really are endless!
3. Trench Coats- This is definitely not the first or last time I share my love a trench coats but believe me when I say you will NEVER regret investing in a classic trench. Not only do they make the best traveling layer, a great trench gives ANY look (yep even your cute sweat set) a chic and intentional finish. You will never not see trench coats heavily worn during fashion week and if thats not good enough reason then I challenge you to just go try a few on! There is nothing you can't wear with a trench making it, more than likely, the most versatile style you could add to your closet.
4. Basket Bags- If you've followed me for a while now you probably know that I started carrying my circle cross body rattan bag about 2 years ago and haven't stopped since. In fact, my collection of basket style handbags has continued to grow. I love the use of texture to help transition and transform an outfit and basket bags absolutely say spring! Imagine pairing a cute top handle or crossbody basket bag with a monochromatic white pant and cream sweater look paired back to a cute flat or sneaker...a perfect mix of winter and spring! I also find that basket bags are the easiest to pair with EVERYTHING which really comes in handy when traveling!
5. White Denim- Who loves a "winter whites" look? I know I do and I think white denim in just about any style and length is a great transitional piece for winter to spring fashion. Whether you love a classic black and white pairing, a monochromatic look, or a super cozy colorful sweater and white denim, the white is a great statement for late winter and early spring.
6. Over the Knee Boots- Wondering how you can start wearing your favorite spring dresses while waiting for the temps to warm up?? OTK boots are your answer! They help cover the legs and keep you warm but also create a statement. You can also wear them with a mini skirt and chunky sweater for a look that combines the best of both worlds. OTK boots can be finicky to find a pair that fits your style and leg shape but don't get discouraged because once you find them, you'll find yourself reaching for them again and again, especially this time of year!
7. Light Wash Jeans- Light wash jeans are the spring wardrobe item I never knew I needed. I bought my first pair on our honeymoon which we took in May and I would stray to say they have become my MOST worn pair of denim I own. You can wear them with an color, texture, or fabric to instantly lighten up your look. Believe it or not, one of my favorite recent pairings has been my light wash jeans with flats and my ice blue wool coat...still warm but colorful and in a way, airy.
8. Waist Length Cardigans- This is the item on the tippy top of my wishlist right now. I have been loving the use of waist length cardigans that I've been seeing all over. Another great way to layer, introduce texture and color, and freshen up the heavier and longer layers we typically gravitate towards in the winter. I am LOVING midi/maxi dresses paired with waist length button front cardigans for a take on early spring fashion and continue to keep my eye out for a cardigan I just HAVE to have.
#transitionalwardrobe #wardrobetransition #winterwardrobe #springwardrobe #88stylesforspring #springfashion #shortsleevesweater #cardigans #whitedenim #lightwashdenim #overthekneeboots #oakboots #otkboots #springstyles #winterstyles #midiskirt #rattanbag